Thursday, December 6, 2012

Truth (Consequences #2) by Aleatha Romig

Here was my state of mind right after “Consequences” right before “Truth”
Photobucket

I immediately dove into “Truth” and when I was half way trough Monday morning before work I made an executive decision and called in sick (I was going to be sick if I didn’t see this through promptly).
Photobucket

Finally sated for a little while (until book three nears), if it wasn’t for that “afterward” I would be a raging psychopath right now. “Truth” is probably more entertaining in the aspect of the action that unfolds. “Consequences” was the build up; the much needed process to this saga and the explosive mind fuck. Finally I saw Claire grow into her own, Tony mature and learn his regrets (or did he, mawhahahhaah…not telling), why was Catherine so obliging to aid Tony in the apprehension of Claire. What happened with Emily and John? We get to make new friends, become voyeurs into others lives and reconnect with old unlikely alliances.

With the book delving back into the past once again you just may change your allegiance in matters of Tony’s grandparents and parents and then it may change again by the end of this book. While keeping the love/hate inflection for Tony we get to see Claire finally get what’s due to her….I’m talking power.

Photobucket

I got everything I wanted and more from “Truth”. Aleatha Roming has the writing capability to draw out the premise of the game chess that lays the foundation for the story of “Truth”….brilliant. Especially considering chess is a calculating, strategizing, problematic brainiacs vice. For all the players in this novel it is played with ingenious manner and was a bountiful joy to read. I still do not know how to play chess personally, but if it were half as entertaining as the story of Tony and Claire, I’d be all over it. Think I’ll just stick with my books.

I wait with baited breath along with a slew of others for “Convicted”.
Photobucket

Being born and raised in San Diego, I loved the San Diego trip. I had my eighteenth birthday party at The U.S. Grant Hotel it really is glamorous with an old world vibe and a friend are going to go check out Beach Break Café in Oceanside, it was a pleasant surprise to find out that really exists as well.

I enjoyed all the epigraphs just as the first book.
Some others:
Photobucket

“Are you a patient person?” Claire asked. Amber’s lips and eyes revealed a smile fighting exposure. “I’ve been told I have problems in that area.” Claire returned her smile, “I’m glad to hear you don’t have a halo. I was beginning to wonder.” “Oh hell, just stick around. You’ll learn more about the horns that expose themselves occasionally.”

“Yes, Ms. Nichols? I see you’re wearing your trapping clothes.”

“Your creepy stalker is concerned. It’s almost comical.”

“Bodyguard-that does sound better than paid voyeur.”

“Perhaps, someday she’d learn to expect the unexpected, and his actions wouldn’t shock her. Yet, as was their history, whenever Anthony Rawlings was in Claire’s life, so was the potential for abrupt change. Remembering the past hour, she bowed to the reality of her new paradigm.”

“Claire watched Tony’s mental and physical wheels turn. She knew she’d sent his controlling impulses into overdrive. The muscles in his neck intermittently protruded as his jaw clenched and unclenched. She drank some orange juice and enjoyed the show.”

“There are plenty of medals to go around; one is definitely yours!”

“My talents were wasted as your babysitter, I’m very capable.”

Truth was…
Photobucket

Aleatha Roming if your dream is to be a fulltime novelist I really hope by now that dream has come true for you, because with your writing prose and story weaving you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment