Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Undeniable (Undeniable #1) by Madeline Sheehan



Okay here is what my anxiety/emotional level looked like reading this book!
Photobucket

Here is what I looked like!
Photobucket

Here is what I pictured thee entire time!!!!!!!!!!
hotsx

And this!!!
david_beckham_09_wenn5935027pbbig

Here is how I felt when I reached “The End”
Photobucket

When I first picked up Undeniable I thought, for sure I’ll be putting this back down. I’m not into biker gang stories, but I am a huge fan of Son’s of Anarchy. Go figure, I know. Well putting this book down never came close to happening and this isn’t just a biker gang story. By the way if this book were ever made into a movie it would blow SOA outta the water!!!!!! Bare in mind I’m still a HUGE SOA fan.

With that being said let my review commence….
************WARNING, MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*************
**********************BEWARE********************************
******CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!************************

Eva is 5 years old when she first meets the love of her life Deuce at a vending machine in a penitentiary visitation room. Deuce is 23 at the time. Eeewwwwww, I know I thought the same thing. But hold tight it’ll all make since….eventually.

Eva is the daughter of Preacher the president for the MC (Motorcycle Club) Demons in New York. 
Deuce is the VP (Vice President) & son of Reaper the president for the MC (Motorcycle Club) Horsemen in Montana and he is about to become the president of the Horsemen.

The Demons and The Horsemen are not rival biker gangs but they are not the best of friends. They do business with one another.

Their first meeting is sweet and innocent 5 year old Eva steals whatever decency Deuce had left in his heart, while they make a lasting impression on each other.

7 years later Eva 12, Deuce 30.
They have a chance meeting, take a walk and have a friendly heart to heart conversation getting to know one another as two human beings. They never forgot the other one and start to feel a kin for each other. Deuce gives Eva a personal token which she ends up keeping with her at all times. Eva has also acquired an adoptive brother whom is 3 years older than her known as “Crazy Frankie”.

4 years later Eva 16, Deuce 34.
They meet again at a BBQ when Crazy Frankie has now fully attached himself to Eva, she is his obsession and he will stop at nothing to possess her in every way. However she gave her heart away to Deuce a long time ago. Deuce is unhappily married with two kids. Their friends ship is rekindled, passion ignites along with some gunfire and blood.

2 years later Eva 18!!!!!! Deuce 36.
Uuuuuuuuummmmmmmm I’m not telling you, read the damn book!!!!!!!! It’s hot as hell.

The times gaps keep going through the book till the end where Eva is 35 and Deuce is 53. 

I could keep going but that would be telling you their story and I’m not gonna do that. Besides every page is action packed, has depth and weaves into the conclusion of the book beautifully, it would take me all day to describe it to you.

Now I’m going to talk about three of the characters before I go back to the book.

Kami; Eva’s best friend: Holy hell EVERY chick needs a best friend like loud/ foul mouth rich bitch wanton slut Kami. She is loyal to only one person. Eva.

Crazy Frankie; should he have been on med’s.? YES! He should have been put down a long time ago but then we wouldn’t have as juicy as a story.

Chase; Kami’s hot lawyer cheating asshole husband….I liked him, not for the woman he was really in love with, but I found him funny and sad. My heart broke for him when it came to the end of his time in the book.

The rest of the characters are colorful and play an intricate part in their own ways. None of them were there just to fill up time and space.

This book cannot be called just a book; it’s an emotional message that’s packs a punch (my thoughts anyways).
YES, there is cheating, love, emotional loss, births, deaths, pain, two disturbing rapes, lies, heartbreak, abandonment, bad decisions and bonds promises made and broken. It is gruesome….but so is life! None of these characters are weak they are a byproduct of the circumstance they were born into and they try to make the best of it.

Uuuuummmmm it’s safe to say I loved it, ALL OF IT!

Awesome part: When Eva meets Deuce’s two kids. I would have freaked the same way she did. It felt real and me. I also love the bonds she forms with them.

Some of my favorite lines:
“Mark Twain said, ‘The two most important days in your life is the day you were born and the day you find out why’. I don’t remember the day I was born but I remember the day I found out why. His name was Deuce. He was my ‘why’. And this is our story. It is not a pretty one. Some parts of it are downright ugly. But it’s ours. And because I believe everything happens for a reason, I wouldn’t change a thing.”

“There are three different types of men in this world. There are weak men; men who run and hide when life slaps them in the ass. Then there are men; men who have a backbone yet occasionally, when life slaps them in the ass, will rely on others. And then there are real men; men who don’t cry or complain, who don’t just have a backbone, they are the backbone. Men who make their own decisions and live with the consequences, who accept responsibility for their actions or words. Men who, when life slaps them in the ass, slap back and move on. Men who live hard and die even harder.”

“The road to hell is paved with good intentions and he’d just bought himself a one way ticket.”

“You got yourself a beautiful, younger woman to keep you young and all I got is a club full of stupid shitheads who think bathing is optional and farting is an art form.”

“But we got through it. Together. It didn’t happen overnight and it wasn’t easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. And love is worth everything”

Thank you for this book. Thank you if you read my rant. And please go enjoy this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment